Friday 14 April 2017

New Quarter scale cottage/tree house

My current quarter scale house build is a little cottage. I was inspired by a picture I had seen on the internet. It was of a little house built into the top of a tree. So I decided to build one with my own spin on it.

I built the walls in the same manner as my other quarter scale cottage (see previous posts). I built the walls using matte board and then added a layer of paper clay to make the plaster siding. The windows and doors were plastic inserts that I purchased. The stones are paper clay as well.

The roof is small strips of wood veneer that I stained. It is such tedious work! As you can see I only have half the roof completed. I also used the thin wood veneer for trim on the windows, doors and architectural details.

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment